In this post, you will learn the best way of self-installing Spectrum internet service. The details mentioned below are applicable for those who are opting for Spectrum Internet installation and In-home Wi-Fi at the same time.
What are the materials needed for self-install internet kit?
Following are the things you need before you self-install Charter Spectrum services:
Self-Installation for in home connectivity
Self-installation of Internet
In the Box
How to get the self-install kit?
For obtaining the Wi-Fi and Spectrum self-installation kit directly at your doorstep, contact Spectrum, and it will be shipped to your house in 3 to 4 working days.
For installing the internet and Wi-Fi service, you should have all the equipment that is mentioned above. Here are some other things that you will need:
The guideline for installation:
The users are recommended to download the installation guide for the internet router and modem from the original spectrum website. Follow this step by step instruction of self-installation and connect the in-home Wi-Fi all by your self
- Open the application that manages the Wi-Fi connectivity on your device.
- Find the SSID or unique network name that is mentioned at the backside of your router. If you find the name
ending with 5G, it means that your connected device is capable of 5GHz.
- Find the pre-set password at the back of the router and the provided sticker.
- Follow the steps mentioned above to connect the other devices with the router
- Users can also utilize the Ethernet to connect a router with a portable device.
- Follow the instructions that are included in the self-install kit, find and activate the new wireless gateway.
- Connect the portable devices such as the laptop, tablet, or mobile with the new wireless gateway. Use the password and name mentioned at the back of the router
- Open the browser from your portable device and enter the IP address listed for the wireless gateway.
- Sign in by writing the SSID and password mentioned on the back label of the router.
- Customize the password and network name of your router. If you have customized the previous Wi-Fi network, you can let your devices automatically connect via customizing the new network with the old network’s password and ID.
- Write down the information about your network and save changes
What to do regarding Failed Self-Installation?
It is essential to know the probable course of action in case of failed self-installation. If by any means you are unable to install the services, call Spectrum customer support and ask for the services of a technician. For the professional installation, you will be incurred with a service charge. The technician will provide the service after analyzing the following aspects:
You will not be charged for the professional installation if the technician figures out that the issue is most likely with the infrastructure of wiring or the equipment.